Free Video Replay
Each month, Beyond the Professoriate hosts an exclusive webinar for subscribers of our newsletter. The webinars are designed to help you learn job search strategies beyond the professoriate. Replays of the webinar are available for 48 hrs.
Learn about upcoming free webinars by joining our mailing list.
Looking for More On-Demand Video Resources?
Checkout the NEW Fundamentals of the Job Search Course
Fundamentals of the Job Search
What will I learn?
Are you asking yourself, “What can I do with my PhD?” Does the idea of launching a non-academic job search sound simultaneously exciting and exhausting?
If you’re ready to start exploring your career options beyond the professoriate, let us help you take the uncertainty out of your job search. We’ve worked with PhDs just like you to launch successful careers in all fields–higher education administration, industry, government, and non-profits.
In 8 weeks (or faster if you want!), we’ll walk you through our 4-step job search process and help you launch your next great career.
Use code Lastminute50 to receive 50% off. Expires Nov 17th at 6 p.m. ET.
Here’s what you’ll get from the course:
- Learn what the fundamental steps of the job search are and how to implement them in YOUR job search.
- Set clear strategies for completing the 4-step job search process.
- Learn how to identify and articulate your transferable skills and value as a PhD.
- Learn how to write winning job search documents.
- Learn how to set attainable goals in your search.
The course includes 8 modules and over 10 hours of webinar (video) instruction to help you work through your job search.
You will also receive a workbook (PDF) that includes coaching notes from Maren and Jen and over 100 worksheets to help you learn job search fundamentals.
After the course, receive a certificate of completion that can be added to your LinkedIn profile.
We know you’re busy, though, which is why we’ve designed the course to take place over 8 weeks across 8 modules. But you can absolutely do more than one module a week!
Each week’s module takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete, depending on how long you spend completing the exercises.
Week 1: Overview of the Job Search Process
- Launch Your Non-Faculty Job Search … Tomorrow!
- Stages of the Job Search Process
Week 2: Explore Career Options
- How to Deal with the Emotional Aspects of Leaving Academia
- How to Make Good Career Decisions after your PhD or Postdoc
Week 3: Using Assessments to Find Your Next Career
- How to Use Assessments to Find Your Next Career
Week 4: Identifying Transferable Skills
- How to Pitch Yourself to Employers
Week 5: Writing Professional Documents
- Resumes & Cover Letters
Week 6: Social Media and the Job Search
- Personal Branding & Social Media for the Job Search
- How PhDs Can Use LinkedIn Effectively During a Job Search
Week 7: Networking
- How to Network for Career Success
- Making the Most of Informational Interviews
Week 8: Interviewing
- How to Articulate Your Transition Story in a Non-Academic Interview
- How to Prepare for a Non-Academic Interview
BONUS: Negotiating a Job Offer
- How to Negotiate & Accept a Non-Academic Job Offer
BONUS: Workbook to help you launch your job search.
As part of your course you will receive a downloadable workbook with over 100 worksheets to help you learn job search fundamentals. Valued at $99
These worksheets are usually only available to for in-person workshops and institutional access, but sign-up today and you’ll receive a free copy as part of your course.
Use code CourseLaunch2019 to receive 50% off. Expires Nov 15th.