Important News About Beyond the Professoriate
Beyond the Professoriate is excited to announce that our company name will be changing as of January 1st, 2022 to the Center for Graduate Career Success.
This name change reflects our mission to be a holistic and inclusive digital partner supporting institutional career services with research-informed curriculum. As the Center for Graduate Career Success, we will provide our institutional partners with the best support for PhD AND Master’s career development.
As part of this exciting change, we will be launching a Master’s e-learning platform, Beyond Grad School, in early 2022. Our research shows that
- 56% of master’s students are uncertain about their careers;
- 45% worry about their financial futures;
- and 35% did not feel that their master’s program had set them up for career success.
Beyond Grad School will be a separate platform, designed specifically to support Master’s students unique needs throughout their 2-year programs. We’re currently working with learning design specialists to build this tailored curriculum, supporting Master’s students from the moment they are accepted to their programs and begin the transition from undergrad to graduate school, through to their internships, and finally as they finish coursework and launch their job search.
And what will happen to “Beyond the Professoriate”?
It will continue as a product line just for PhDs – with our digital platform and annual conferences as central offerings. “Aurora” and all our resources for PhDs will now simply be known as “Beyond the Professoriate.” Most students, institutions, and our audiences already know us as Beyond the Professoriate, providing continuity throughout their current journeys. If you have questions, please do feel free to reach out and speak with Maren at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that our name change to the Center for Graduate Career Success will not affect any existing contracts, tax identification, or invoicing. Please also note that ownership of the company remains unchanged.
We simply wanted to share our new brand and upcoming resources with our partners first.
Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to sharing more with you in the coming months.
FAQ - some questions that you may have
Why is Beyond the Professoriate changing its name?
- We’re changing our name to the “Center for Graduate Career Success” to better reflect our mission: to be a holistic and inclusive digital partner supporting institutional career services with research-informed curriculum.
Are website or staff emails changing?
- Websites and staff emails are not changing. Resources for PhDs will continue to be supported through beyondprof.com and institutions.beyondprof.com.
How does this affect our subscription with Aurora?
- It doesn’t! Our name change will not affect any existing contracts, tax identification, or invoicing.
What will happen to promotional materials with the Aurora branding? Do we have to do anything?
- No, you will not need to do anything on your end :-). You may simply notice that new materials we roll out for Aurora will only have the “Beyond the Professoriate” logo going forward.
- If you have questions, please feel free to reach out and speak with Maren at email@example.com