How to Build Your LinkedIn Profile
- Articulate your value to employers in the various sections of your LinkedIn profile.
- Apply successful strategies to enhance your personal brand on LinkedIn.
- Develop criteria for evaluating your LinkedIn profile as you move through the job search process.
Use the Take Notes widget at the bottom right of the page to answer these questions and complete the exercises for this unit.
Questions to Consider
- What is the purpose of the Headline and About section in LinkedIn?
- What is the goal of the Experience section in LinkedIn?
- What do you need to highlight in the Key Skills section of your LinkedIn profile?
- Take some time to write or re-write the Headline, About section, Experience section, and Key Skills section of your LinkedIn profile. Review it when you’re done to ensure you are following the guidelines discussed in the video. Make any changes necessary to improve your profile.
- Evaluate your LinkedIn brand. Are you following all of the guidelines for a successful Headshot, Banner Photo, Recommendations, and Featured section? Make any changes necessary to improve your brand.