Editing and Coaching Services for Your Job Search
As a PhD, you’re interested in a career that is meaningful, impactful, and engaged. Our professional coaches will help you define and articulate your unique value, and design application packages that make you stand out. We can help you navigate the academic job market, or transition to careers beyond the professoriate.
Did You Know? Beyond the Professoriate Community Members save 30% on our coaching and editing services.
Professional Job Market
Need help with your resume and cover letter? Work with our resume coach and editor to create a job application package that communicates your talents and skills to non-academic employers.
Brigét brings 15+ years of experience to her work as a resume editor and coach. Briget began her career as a coach at Florida A&M University, and continues her work today as an independent resume coach and consultant. She helps career-seeking writers who want to develop or tailor their professional documents for industry positions. Brigét uses both facilitative and directive methods to connect graduates and PhDs to their resumes, CVs, and/or cover letters.
Brigét is currently working towards her PhD in English at the University of South Florida.
Brigét's Coaching Process
Cost: $280 for non-members. Includes two 45 min document reviews + two 45 min coaching sessions
- For general resumes, submit 3 sample job ads that are of interest to you + a sample resume and cover letter.
- For a specific job, provide a copy of the job advertisement and draft documents.
- Sign up for your appointment and submit your documents. Brigét will review and comment on your documents.
- Attend a 45 minute coaching call with Brigét to workshop your documents.
- You make revisions to your documents.
- Submit revisions to Brigét for review and editing.
- Attend a final 45 minute consult with Brigét.
PACKAGES MUST BE USED WITHIN 45 DAYS OF PURCHASE. Once you have completed your package, additional coaching & editing services can be added at $72 per 45 minutes.
Academic Job Market
Work with our academic job market coach to design an application package that communicates your expertise, accomplishments, and potential as a professor, to hiring committees.
Dan Olson-Bang, PhD
Dan earned his PhD in 2014 in English from Fordham University. While a graduate student, Dan worked as an adjunct instructor, and has first-hand knowledge of the challenges PhDs face in today’s competitive job market.
Dan has dedicated his career to helping graduate students succeed in their degree programs, and to prepare for careers after graduation. He specializes in helping PhDs from all disciplines write application documents for faculty careers, and has helped prepare hundreds of graduate students and PhDs for the academic job market.
Dan's Coaching Process
Cost: $252 for non-members. Includes three 45 minute coaching sessions.
- Complete a draft of your application documents prior to signing up for your first appointment.
- Sign up for your appointment and submit your drafts.
- Attend your 45 minute coaching session to workshop your documents with Dan.
- Make revisions to your documents after meeting with Dan.
- Schedule your follow up appointment with Dan.
- Attend your 45 minute coaching session to workshop your documents.
- You make revisions to your documents.
- Schedule your final coaching session with Dan.
PACKAGES MUST BE USED WITHIN 45 DAYS OF PURCHASE. Once you have completed your package, additional coaching & editing services can be added at $86 per 45 minutes.
All first time clients must purchase a package. It takes time to refine application documents. Our packages cover initial review of your documents, feedback, and advice from your coach. Once you have used all sessions in your package, you can add additional consults and reviews as needed.
Our goal is to empower you with the skills and knowledge you need to craft persuasive application documents. Our coaches work with you as developmental editors, consultants, and advisors. They will not write the documents for you. These documents reflect you and your value to employers; they should be created by you.