Academic Job Market
Advising and Mentoring for Grad Students and PhDS
About Dan Olson-Bang, PhD
Dan earned his PhD in 2014 in English from Fordham University.
While a graduate student, Dan worked as an adjunct instructor, and has first-hand knowledge of the challenges PhDs face in today’s competitive job market.
Dan has dedicated his career to helping graduate students succeed in their degree programs, and to prepare for careers after graduation.
He specializes in helping PhDs from all disciplines write application documents for faculty careers, prepare for interviews, and negotiate job offers.
Over the past 7 years, Dan has helped prepare hundreds of graduate students and PhDs for the academic job market.
Do your application materials make you stand out?
Today’s academic job market is more competitive than ever, and so you want each document read by a hiring committee to stand out.
With hundreds of applications for each academic positions, do your documents communicate your value as a scholar and teacher?
- How do you structure your cover letter to highlight the impact of your research?
- What is the difference between a teaching statement and teaching philosophy?
- What are committees looking for in your diversity statement?
Work with Dan Olson-Bang, PhD, to prepare your strongest application documents for today’s academic job market.
- An initial review of your documents prior to your meeting.
- 3 one-to-one Zoom coaching sessions with Dan to review your documents.
- Cost is $339
Do you have an interview for a faculty job?
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!
Work with Dan to prepare for your on-campus interview.
Over three 45 minute video conference calls, Dan will help you strategize for your on-campus interviews.
You can work with Dan to:
• design a job talk
• prepare a teaching demonstration
• prepare for the interview with the committee
• negotiation a job offer