PhD Career Interview: Anne Kornahrens, PhD
Anne Kornahrens is the STEP UP Project Manager for the American Physical Society. She holds a PhD in Chemistry from Scripps Research Institute/University of Oxford.
Use the Take Notes widget at the bottom right of the page to answer these questions and complete the exercises for this unit.
- What was the advice about searching for a job in this field?
- According to the speaker, how is it possible to achieve career success in this field?
- Was working beyond the professoriate different than the speaker expected? If so, how? If not, why?
- In reflecting on the video, what did you learn that you did not already know about this field or about working beyond the professoriate?
- Are you interested in this career? Why? If not, what are the detractors? What aspects are unappealing to you?
- If you were going to pursue a career in this field, how would you apply what you have learned from the speaker? What would you do next?