PhD Career Interview: Ping-Yuan Wang, PhD
Ping-Yuan Wang has a PhD in History from Yale University. She is a Localization & Translation Specialist in Traditional Chinese for Blueprint Technologies.
Use the Take Notes widget at the bottom right of the page to answer these questions and complete the exercises for this unit.
- What was the advice about searching for a job in this field?
- According to the speaker, how is it possible to achieve career success in this field?
- Was working beyond the professoriate different than the speaker expected? If so, how? If not, why?
- In reflecting on the video, what did you learn that you did not already know about this field or about working beyond the professoriate?
- Are you interested in this career? Why? If not, what are the detractors? What aspects are unappealing to you?
- If you were going to pursue a career in this field, how would you apply what you have learned from the speaker? What would you do next?